I follow my life's passion of being a Dementia Care Provider and End of Life Doula
It is an honour to serve and be present for and with families. Whether I am with your loved one in a private home, assisted living, or hospital setting I will provide them and your family with compassionate and nonjudgmental care and professional companionship. The support and care that I offer includes:
- Certified Dementia Care; as a provider I will adhere to the CDCP Code of Ethics
- Companionship to your loved one, enabling you to have peace of mind that they are not alone
- Assisting families during the "end of life" transition by being present for them during the dying process. I will be there to hold their hand and companion them, talk with them, play music, or just listen as they let their dying journey unfold as it is meant to be. And when the time comes, sitting vigil with families and their loved one
I connect with and bring careful attention to the inner well-being of loved ones, family, friends at this delicate, emotional time. I will walk down this path and help you and your family gently through and beyond this experience by being your advocate and your shoulder to lean on.
Certified Dementia Care Provider
- If you are a caregiver of a loved one suffering from dementia, as a Certified Dementia Care Provider I have a broad understanding of how your loved one needs to be cared for. I also understand that you need time for yourself. I can support you and your loved one by spending time with them while you take that time to look after yourself and your life.
MoCA Cognitive Assessment
MoCA is a short interactive test that accurately assess multiple cognitive domains:
- Short term memory Visuospatial abilities Executive functions
- Attention, concentration and working memory Language Orientation to time and place
As a trained and certified Administrator of the MoCA test, I can administer the test, which then can be interpreted by a medical professional with specific training in cognition.
In Home Dementia Care Information Session
- If you have your loved one at home I am available to meet with and help you assess your current needs and help uncover outside assistance that may be of service to you.
End of Life Doula services
As an End of Life Doula, I will work with you and your family to provide a peace of mind at this emotional time.
- I will journey alongside you, answering questions as they come up and advocate on your behalf.
- I will make this experience one of beautiful memories and love.
If you are a caregiver of a loved one suffering from a life-threatening illness, or who just needs to have someone with them at all times, I understand that you need time for yourself.
- I can support you by being a companion to your loved one while you take that time to look after yourself and your life.
"Loneliness is a painful feeling."
Drop-in companion for Seniors
- If you are a caregiver and are planning on being away for a short duration, I can drop in and visit with your loved one.
I offer 30 minutes of free consultation, so please do not hesitate to reach out to me to discuss how I may serve you and to discuss pricing for my services.
A note to my clients and their families
"I will hold your hand and your heart, while being a respectful, compassionate companion as you make empowered decisions for the best experience possible" Through my own life's experiences, education, training and volunteer work, I feel completely comfortable working with families and their loved ones at this stage in their life.
I offer a voice for the dying and help normalize conversations around the dying experience.